Activities at the complex and exploring Mauritius
Domaine de Grand Baie offers a wide range of activities and entertainment on-site, including culture, sports, art, tourism, events, classes and excursions.
The Domaine de Grand Baie complex is ideally located to explore Mauritius. From the picturesque villages of the north to Morne Brabant in the south, including tea plantations, the central mountains that inspired the novel 'Paul et Virginie' by Bernardin de Saint-Pierre, the capital Port-Louis, and the roads lined with red-flowered flame trees in summer.
These characteristic places, colourful ambiances, and coastal and mountain landscapes are fantastic to explore as a couple or with friends. Mauritius is a cultural mosaic with many secrets to reveal…
A Social and Cultural Life Manager is on hand to provide advice and help organise your outings to explore Mauritius.
Activities organised by Domaine de Grand Baie
Mauritius is one of the finest golfing destinations in the world
Mauritius is one of the finest golfing destinations in the world. With 9 and 18-hole championship courses designed by the biggest names in golf from around the world, stunning inland and lagoon-side landscapes, as well as an ideal climate, the conditions are simply ideal for golfing.
Mont Choisy Le Golf, the only 18-hole golf course in the north of the island, is located only five minutes from Domaine de Grand Baie.
In Grand Baie
- Grand Baie village's beach
- La Croisette (shopping centre with local and international brand stores, as well as cinemas)
- Point of departure for many boat trips to Gunner's Quoin, Île Plate (Flat Island) and Gabriel Island.
- Many restaurants and lounge bars
Domaine de Grand Baie offers an ideal location: 8 minutes from the centre of Grand Baie; 10 minutes from the beaches; 5 minutes from shops and local services.
Near Grand Baie
- Pereybere Public Beach: a small, authentic beach where people like to get together at the end of the day.
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden: the first tropical garden created in the world, it offers a magnificent journey to the heart of a lush environment.
- L’Aventure du Sucre: located in a former sugar factory, this museum offers a chance to discover the history of the pearl of the Indian Ocean. An educational, cultural and fun experience.
- Cap Malheureux: a splendid little church, with a red roof that contrasts beautifully with the blue ocean, and Gunner's Quoin in the background. A stunning view!
- Mont Choisy Public Beach: white sand lined with filao (Australian pine) trees, stretching out as far as the eye can see, and turquoise waters that are totally safe to bathe in.
- Domaine de Labourdonnais: named after a former French governor, this magnificent mansion is located in a landscaped park with orchards and a shop selling local produce (Les Vergers de Labourdonnais)
- Mont-Choisy shopping mall
- Morne Brabant: a UNESCO World Heritage site and a central part of the history of Mauritius.
- Maison Euréka (Moka): a beautiful Creole house owned by the Le Clézio family, located in lush green surroundings.
- La Route du Thé, du Rhum et de la Vanille: a cultural and gastronomic journey filled with colours and scents, through Domaine de Bois Chéri and the tea museum, Domaine de Saint-Aubin and Domaine des Aubineaux.
- Chamarel Seven Coloured Earth Geopark: A magical wonder of nature in the centre of Mauritius.
- Mahébourg: A place of memory (museum) at the south-eastern tip of the island, and a point of departure for Île aux Aigrettes.
- Casela Nature Parks: a superb attraction with an animal sanctuary.
A bit further away…
Rodrigues Island: 1½ hour flight
Réunion Island: ½ hour flight
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport: one hour from Grand Baie by the motorway.
- Frequent air links provided by various international airlines.
- Time zone: UTC +4.